Sunday, May 29, 2011

Supermom

Well, I always thought I'd be a good mom because I love kids. Since I am generally not a responsible person, I didn't even begin to think that I'd be too irresponsible to have kids. Only responsible people worry about that kind of crap. As it turns out, that was the right way to think about it. I suddenly realized today what a nauseatingly responsible person I have become. I am rarely late coming home. I don't flake out of things any more and never just because "I didn't feel like going anymore". Keeping up with laundry is like second nature to me. If I have a spare moment, I throw a load in. In my free time, I think about what to cook. There is always a casserole in the fridge for Evan to eat. I make omelettes and bacon on weekends because I always have fresh eggs and bacon in the fridge. I'm up by 6 am every day. All I can say about this is, WTF? Haha. Well, I guess we all have to grow up some time! Honestly, it feels pretty good to be consistent. And it's not as tiring as you'd think. It's a lot more exhausting to be completely free and have an inconsistent schedule where I choose to play or be productive at night instead of sleeping.

1 comment:

  1. A little planning ahead makes a lot of stuff easier. Just remember to throw caution to the wind, from time to time.

    ReplyDelete