Thursday, May 12, 2011

Gnome Cardigan for E-Dawg

I saw a gnome hat on Jessica Rose-Kim's knitblog a while ago that was inspired by Heliina's baby cardigan on Ravelry, that was in turn inspired by Spillyjane's gnome mitten pattern on sale on Etsy. Heliina's cardigan was so adorable that I just couldn't get it out of my head, even though there was no way to get the pattern and I've never designed my own sweater pattern and actually never knit a yoke sweater, and a top down dk weight toddler yoke sweater pattern is really hard to find! So I finally just bit the bullet and designed it myself - with the help of Vogue's Knitting reference book. It actually took quite a bit of planning - but I am starting to think it will turn out ok :). Isn't this adorable? Every young boy needs a gnome sweater :). I hope it'll lie flat after I block it.

No comments:

Post a Comment