Thursday, May 5, 2011

Cardigan

I just finished the Keep On Truckin Baby Cardigan (raglan, bottom up) from The Brown Stitch (http://thebrownstitch.com) today!  I think it took me under 2 weeks of commute time (on the bus) to knit in worsted weight - which is kind of amazing, I think.

Generally I find the neck pretty large (although I haven't seen it on a baby yet), and the sleeves overly wide at the ends.  I'd change those things next time if I knit this pattern again.  I am trying to be a little more daring with colors (I'm extremely conservative), so I used blue for the collar and the button bands.  I think it looks kinda nice.

I'm totally in love with raglan shaping!  It's sort of magical!

This is for my MIL's best friend (who has a new grandson) - so not really anyone I care about personally - which makes it more a present for my MIL from my perspective.  It's fun to give people who aren't expecting anything from me a nice handmade gift!

No comments:

Post a Comment